Wild Food, Foraged Pizza and Foraging Activities Day.
Join us at Wild Harvest in the rural outskirts of York for a Wild Food Foraging Day. Starting with a 2 hour fascinating walk to learn all about the wild edibles growing around you, collecting a few to top pizzas and add to lunch. Back to the tipi site to decorate your own pizza with your foraged finds and fire them in the wood-fired ovens. After lunch and a chat around the fire to let food settle we will do some fun activities to embed the learning of the morning. Then those who are still up for it we can do another short Further Foraging walk to meet more plants and trees that you can eat!
You will go home buzzing with excitement, belly full, mind blown as to just how amazing nature is in how she can provide for us in her bounty, as long as we learn to develop a reciprocal relationship. You will also learn an essential four step safety process you should not be foraging without. Our mission is that you learn to forage safely and sustainably.
- Join Di for a 2 hour foraging walk followed by
- Foraged wild pizza - cook your own in the wood fired pizza oven.
- Foraging related activities.
- Final wild food walk and action plan to go forward into more learning and experimenting with wild food!
- £68 per adult/£8 per youth/Children under 14 sharing your pizza - free.
For reviews and more info. about Wild Harvest foraging walks please visit our website page here: https://www.wildharvest.org/how%20to%20forage%20for%20wild%20food
About your tutor.
Di Hammill Page has been teaching foraging for 17 years, beginning in the wilds of the North Yorks moors where she ran walks for the Forestry Commission and National Parks centres. A Member of the Association of Foragers and fully insured, Di is a qualified adult ed tutor (with 24 years teaching experience) she loves teaching all about the Natural world and how we can interact beneficially with it. See our attended courses page for other courses such as: garden willow, permaculture, basket weaving, natural navigation and more. Having raised her own three children alone and off grid using what was around them Di and the courses at Wild Harvest are as authentic as you can get! Her walks are known for being content rich, without waffle, and highly reviewed. Wild Harvest appeared on BBCs Escape to the Country as the local foraging expert, recently taught Countryfile presenters and also have appeared in various media articles.
If you like the sound of the day, simply book here online, you can pay via card or paypal and we will email you details in the run up to the course.
- Car parking and loo available on site.
- Sorry no dogs, for various reasons, though we do love dogs.
- We will walk in all weathers except gales, so please dress appropriately. If the unlikely chance of gales we will postpone.
- If you want vegan cheese or a gf base please let us know by email to email@example.com or bring your preferred.
- I don't do mushrooms (have my survival 10 but beyond this not keen).
- Any special needs please let us know and we will do our best to meet them.